Wednesday, May 11, 2011

lbs

It's all a science.  Fitting your whole life into three suitcases that are each going to cost me a small fortune to transport half way around the world.  I have been shifting clothes, bags, shoes, make-up, even sports bras, into three different bags to find the exact right poundage, or now that I am middle east bound maybe I should say kilometers?  Is that the appropriate measure?  I will get back to you on that...It has been a hilarious feat.  My mother, step-father, and I have all taken turns weighing ourselves and then lifting my gargantuan bags, stepping back on the scale, while another peers down at the rolling numbers, saying "off."  The minute the number pops onto the screen the heavy lifter immediately drops the offending luggage in a heap.  I think it only took about 7 hours to repack, what I had already packed back in Phoenix, and find the appropriate equation.  So officially I am checking just a hair under 170 pounds and carrying on two very adorable Vera Bradley bags, so that's five bags in total.  Eric requested just two bags, but that was just not in the realm of possibility.

It has been a great five weeks here in JALE and now it is time to move on.  But not before I get chipotle first!

Du-Bye!


1 comment:

  1. I have been politely corrected that it is indeed kilograms not kilometers :) Ah heck I am learning

    ReplyDelete